5 Tips to Improve Google Adwords Search Campaigns

angshuman sett

27 Jun 2019

Running a campaign on Google Adwords may seem to be challenging at initial stages and even more so when your campaigns are not giving you the number of conversions you were hoping for. There might be quite a lot of reasons why you are not getting the desired results. Let’s say that 70% of the control is in your hand while the rest 30% lies with Google itself. You cannot change how Google works, but you can still change everything you have control over.

If your Adwords campaign is not performing well, then here are some tips for you to improve your campaign performance:

  1. Organize your campaign-  Organizing your campaign is very important for you to make sense from the resulting data sets. The proper format should be, Account — Campaign — Adgroup — Keywords. Once you define the campaign and its objective, create separate Adgroups for your different products and services and choose keywords within this Adgroups.
  2. Keyword Selection- Keywords are the biggest determining factor of your search campaign. It is the keywords that define which searches trigger your ads. Hence keyword selection is very important. It is also necessary to have a clear idea about the types of keywords you can run in your campaign, for e.g- broad match, modified broad match, phrase match, etc. You can do your keyword research using tools like Google Keyword Planner, Keyword Keg, Ubersuggest and many more. 
  3. Checking Search Terms- Monitoring search terms is an absolute must. Search terms give you an idea about what are the different searches that triggered your ad. If you find searches unrelated to your product or service, then you can add those into your negative keywords list and in the same way save your money.
  4. Ad Extensions- Using Ad extensions for your ad copies help you improve your Ad Rank. A better Ad Rank ensures that your ad may get the top position on the search engine results page. Extensions can help your audience get additional options. Using call extensions can prompt your customers to call your business when they are searching from their phones, call out extensions can highlight the USP of your business while site link extensions can provide sub-pages from your websites to appear alongside your ad. 
  5. Landing Page Experience- No matter how well you do to improve your campaign, if your landing page is poor then all the effort goes into vain. A proper landing page should give the user all the necessary information related to his search. The site should be easy to navigate, should have the keywords through which the users come in and also rich with media. A good landing page experience can ensure quality traffic, reduced bounce rates, improvement in Ad Ranks and higher probabilities of conversions.

These basic factors are not very hard to monitor and change but can ensure you a much better result. Try following these methods and make it a habit to keep a check on them regularly. This can help you skyrocket your Google Adwords campaign performance.

 

 

Our Programmes

NIHT is one of the fastest-growing digital marketing training institutes in India that offers comprehensive training in digital marketing. We are fully dedicated to digital marketing training with a fully supported digital agency back end. The world is changing rapidly. Traditional marketing is being replaced by converging marketing channels. Our programs will enable you to understand digital buyer behaviour, build and execute transformational digital marketing strategies and best practices.

The course curriculum is carefully curated to provide hands-on training on live panels. Learning while working on projects and assignments will give you a real agency like working experience. Our program curriculum is continuously updated and we incorporate the latest technologies into our training methodology like AR/VR, marketing automation and others.

Highly specialised faculty and trainers are also working on digital campaigns as they also handle the digital work of our esteemed clients, and this gives them an edge over trainers in other institutions. We are a Google Badged Partner Digital Agency and have worked for renowned brands like GKB, Emami, Buyceps, Altius Sports, East India Pharmaceuticals.

Start Your Digital Marketing

Journey Today!

Whether you are an aspiring entrepreneur, a top-level executive, a university graduate, or just someone who wants to learn more about the world of digital marketing, NIHT offers a variety of digital marketing courses to suit your learning needs. Armed with the latest tools and technologies, our team of experienced educators will teach you the skills you need to succeed in the modern world.

  • 22125+ Students Trained
  • 20+ Global Certifications
  • 280+ Hours of Lectures
  • 100% Placement Support
  • 20+ Case Studies
  • 40+ Modules

Got a Question? No Problem